November 5, 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada: The Beatles LOVE; things to do

At the Mirage, (702) 792-7777.  Tickets $100+. 

In this production that has won three Grammy Awards, Cirque du Soleil festively illustrates memorable Beatles songs.  I started out cranky, but The Beatles LOVE show manages to be bigger than life and grew on me as it went along.  I especially LOVEd a skateboarding sequence, and, at the end, found myself shooting the two-finger peace symbol right back at the performers.  I still have a few colorful orange and red streamers thrown from the stage that I gathered up before I left.  A merging of the mega-talents of the Cirque and The Beatles, "LOVE" was also mega-costly and mega-difficult to achieve.

The 2007 documentary "All Together Now" provides an interesting behind-the-scenes look at how this show was put together and is of interest to both those who have already seen the show and those who haven’t.




More LOVE.

More things to do in Las Vegas.

More ideas for exploring the U.S.


image c2012 Carole Terwilliger Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts